Senior Purchasing Assistant (Prince George BC) in Prince George, British Columbia For Sale
|Details for:||Senior Purchasing Assistant (Prince George BC)|
|Date posted:||26 June 2012|
|Type:||For Sale - Private|
|Other:||The ad is older than 2 months.|
|Contacts:||Reply by email|
|Edit your ad|
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Adecco Canada serves thousands of clients each and every day, including small, medium and large corporations, in a large variety of business sectors. The company employs several thousands of temporary employees daily, making Adecco the largest Recruitment Solutions and HR Consulting firm in Canada. Adecco has over 50 locations across Canada. We provide opportunities for people by finding the right fit.
Our Client is looking for a Senior Purchasing Assistant for their office in Prince George for a 14 month Contract. The right candidate will possess the following requirements:
Our client is a lead manufacturer of steel bearings, alloy wheels and transmission parts. Their location in Prince George, British Columbia is looking for the right candidate to provide assistance to the Senior Purchaser. The position will include working for both intra-company and inter-company and the primary functions will include active management of inventory replenishment, supporting cost-reduction programs, tracking and updating
delivery of overseas shipments, and (back up) processing internal production orders.
- Draft and generate Purchase Orders requested by the Sales and Warehousing Department and submit to suppliers.
- Review Open PO Status Report on a weekly basis and contact supplier to update delivery status of the shipments from
the Purchase Order; update POs in MAS (computer system) for overseas shipment; coordinate the release of quarantine
products received from overseas with the inspection team.
- Reconcile vendor invoices by verifying quantity and price of Vendor / Supplier Invoice with companies Purchase Order
prior to submitting to Accounts Payable for payment remittance.
- Actively manage cost reduction programs without sacrificing quality standards by conducting cost-analysis with current
vendors, including customs broker, freight forwarder, expedited freight, corrugate supplier, MRO items (grease, set
screws, maintenance suppliers, urethane supplier, etc.), to ensure all pricing is cost competitive.
- Review vendor performance on a quarterly basis by providing benchmark measurements for pricing, delivery, and
quality. (Vendors being evaluated will be for both overseas and domestic vendors.)
- Provide support for Inventory Traffic Assistants primary responsibilities of inventory adjustments, Manufacturing
production schedule, delivery and shipping schedule with manufacturing department and holiday relief.
- Secondary School - General Studies or College Prep -- required
- Diploma or Bachelor's Degree in a business related field is preferred
Location: Prince George BC
Compensation: 22 to 24 DOE
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Belvedere Seniors Living, a growing health care operator with three Long-Term Care/ Assisted Living facilities and...
Time: 10:38 p.m. EST
Date: 17 Jan
First Nation Treaty Negotiation Office Administrator and Bookkeeper Position: Assistant Office Administrator and...
Date: 17 Jan
Office Manager -- Quantum Technology Corp. Scientific equipment manufacturer seeking a full time Office Manager to...
Date: 15 Jan
Admin/Accounting Clerk (30 hours per week, full benefits) Position for administrative support for inventory and...
Time: 01:13 p.m. EST
Date: 29 Oct
LEGAL ASSISTANT : Progressive Kamloops Law Firm Continued growth and expansion has created this exciting new position...
Time: 08:24 p.m. EST
Date: 28 Oct
If you are looking for full time work and are a youth, please check us out to see if you qualify at...
Date: 22 Oct